Steel-cut oats are one of our go-to foods pre-ride but who has 45 minutes boil steel cut oats in the morning? Not us. Which is why we came up with the crockpot method that serves as the base for all our warm oatmeal recipes. Below is Fall Twist on an old favorite that will keep you fueled up on these chilly winter mornings.
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 medium apples diced
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 3 cups of water or non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
almond butter, chopped nuts, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds
1. Spray the bottom of your crockpot with coconut oil or other non-stick oil.
2. Combine on all of the ingredients in your crock pot.
3. Cook on Warm overnight for at least 8 hours.
4. Give it a good stir in the morning and you're ready to serve!