We believe you can use your mind to control your actions, and thus, your destiny.
Over the last six years we have focused strongly on helping people create positive change in their lives through cycling.
The same mental processes and components that help them succeed in chasing their cycling goals will also help them positively shape their life off the bike.
Here are ten foundational mindset components we call the Champion’s Mindset. You can use these same concepts that we teach our athletes to crush your challenges on and off the bike.
1. Dream Big. All champions have a big dream. I am the author of my story - This is your book, your movie, make it something amazing. Be the owner of it. Remember, movies are good when the character has to overcome and wins from that. So any adversity you are faced with, you crush it. No matter what, you are signing up for adversity and the opportunity to overcome it on a large stage. This is dream stuff here, make it a good story.
2. Live With Passion. I am here to give, not to take - Don’t worry about what results you may get from your effort. Just focus on giving your 100 percent effort. You are happy only when you do that. Feel the control you truly have.
3. Growth is a Must. Personal progress is the priority - This is what we are here for. Be your best and get better each day. That means today you must be better than yesterday. Not trying to be the same. Accept that the comfort zone is your enemy and a thing of the past.
4. Extreme Confidence. Winners believe in their capabilities and know what they can do. I possess positive self awareness - Love yourself, love your gifts, love your faults. Know what is unique about you and focus on being THE BEST with that.
5. Composure, Poise and Presence. See with forward focus - There’s nothing good back there. We don’t ever look behind or ever ease up. When you take the lead you don’t worry about who or what is behind.
6. The Process, Commitment, Consistency. The sum or result of all your training results in much more than your body and mind being better, your actions are 20x more powerful all the time now.
7. Turn Failure Into Feedback. Results guide they do not define you - if there’s a shortcoming we use it to learn and improve straight away, not get down on it.
8. Ability to Pivot. The act of changing strategy nimbly when the current path is not working.
9. Act with Resourcefulness. Look to use resource over force - Always think and use everything you have when challenges arise, don’t try and smash through it.
10. Extraordinary Determination. Grit from gratitude - You don’t and won’t back down because you love the sport, the game, the process.